Friday, May 6, 2011

wut doo dis sey?

As everyone who knows me knows, I love words.  I love how words are put together to describe and/or form something beautiful.  So it bothers me when so many of our young people (and even those not so young) spell things the way they sound and use improper English.  It then takes me 15 minutes to read & interpret a Facebook status update... *sigh*.  Makes me wonder, has technology failed us?  We live in a world of text messages, blackberrys, Iphones, Facebook, and other advanced technological devices & applications that cause us or allow us to communicate in a hurry and in doing so, we have created a whole new language.  Don't get me wrong, I get it because honestly I'm guilty myself when texting or on instant messenger but really people, do we have to write this way on our status updates, emails, and even school assignments???!!!  The line has to be drawn somewhere.  For the love of the dictionary, the English language, and for an appreciation of the simpler & finer things in life, PLEASE take a moment to write a complete sentence free of grammatical errors that the average person can read and understand without the presence of an interpreter!  And for goodness sake use spellcheck, it only takes a minute.  u no wut uhm sey-n? 

that's just my 2 cents... for what it's worth

No comments:

Post a Comment